Beginners‘ training is focused on training with positive reinforcement (to work against bad habits). We will work to teach your dog to pull and overpass other dogs without any reaction. We also engage concentration to make it possible to run with your dog focused instead of looking around the surroundings. We use a variety of exercises and aids for this.
Beginners‘ classes are designed for anyone who would like to learn more about the sport and try it out with your teammate. About 80% of the training is focused on your dog’s development and 20% on you as a runner.
The workouts are suitable for all dogs who are discovering canicross or have bad habits that need to be worked on. Beginner training is also suitable for experienced canicrossers with young dogs who need more experience in group.
Beginners can also borrow complete equipment from the non-stop dogwear brand, for both the dog and the runner. Furthermore, if you have a dog harness, a belt for yourself and a shock absorbing leash, take it with you. We’ll have a look how well your equipment fits your team.
What awaits us at training:
Warming up for both you and the dog
Exercise for dogs
Running divided into several short sections with several different exercises (don’t worry, we wait for everyone!)
We usually run 3-4 km
Stretching after a run for you and your run
Recommended clothing and equipment:
Wear active clothes, but do not forget to bring extra layers after cooling down. We also recommend taking water for the dog with a bowl and rewards (snacks, toys).
Do not forget the headlamp in the winter!
Rules of training Běhejsepsem.cz
- Workouts are designed for all dogs older than 12 months
- Dogs must be on a leash during training. They can only roam around free after discussing it with the instructor and only where the conditions and rules of the city / area allow it
- The trainings are held in all weather
- Signing out is possible at least 24 hours before training
- Upon signing out before the 24 hours period training, credit will be fully credited back to your account
- Signing out less than 24h ahead of the training is not possible and credits will not be refunded even if you do not participate in the training
- The training is at your own risk and you are responsible for all damages caused by you or your dog
- If you have an aggressive, fearsome dog or female on heat, please let the instructors know